Since I am now officially a published author, I attended the book festival! What fun to hang out with other authors. My table was a bit different to the other authors, since I did not have a pile of books to purchase, but a QR code, and lots of examples of what you can make when you buy my book. Amazons main e-book platform is kindle, and this will scare some people away. The thing is that kindle eBooks can easily be read on a laptop or desktop with an app called kindle for web. In fact this is the preferred way that I like to read books like this. You can easily link to each of the chapters, it is all in colour, and you can bookmark pages. You may strike it lucky and get it on one of the days the book is free. Here is a link to purchase the book from Amazon Crafting with the fabric we have I had a few items as giveaways for those purchasing a book, and by far the most popular was my little fabric origami butterflies. I am going to l...
Well, as you know I have been trying to fit my new compost tumbler into my composting schedule. You are supposed to stop topping it up at some stage and then let it finish off before transferring to the stand alone compost bin. The thing is that I am not sure what to do with the kitchen waste that accumulates while the tumbler batch is processing (about 4- 6 weeks.) I have lots of leaves, and they seem to take forever to break down too! The kitchen scraps compost down quickly but the leaves take ages....So I keep adding to the tumbler, and it is in fact now getting rather full and a bit heavy, so something had to be done. This is what it looks like. and inside: A worm farm, everyone suggested.... I have only ever heard of one person with a worm farm in this climate. Recently though, I saw an honesty stall with bottles of worm wee. Hubby looked the other way when I went to put my coins in the jar and pick up a bottle....
One of the first things I did after returning from three weeks away was to survey the garden. The lychee tree is full of leaves, and most of the plants underneath it have recovered quite well from the sudden blast of sunshine. Luckily we have had a little rain to ease the way, and my darling hubby has been watering. Of course it also allowed a spate of weeds to grow up everywhere! Among the weeks are plenty of cherry tomato plants which I have left where they volunteered. They fill in the gaps and hopefully will give us some tomatoes. This has not been a good year for tomatoes - maybe not enough sunny days to ripen them. We often have cloud cover and I think they like clear sunny days, or so they tell me! It is warm though - I have not stopped swimming all through the winter, other than when I was away. The gardens seems quite happy. In the veggie garden the kale, lettuce and carrots have come along well...
Comments
Post a Comment
I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!