something for nothing




This is a selection of some of the variegated bromeliads I have under the lychee tree. The one that looks like a baby pineapple is very cute :)

I may have posted before how much I love to save the life of a plant who others have given up on. I found a couple of very sad looking bromeliads on the clearance rack a while back and bought two of them for 50 cents. What a surprise and delight I had this week when a beautiful red and yellow flower appeared in the centre - the other one is closely following along.
I do love bromeliads - the flowers stay for so long. It is like buying a lucky dip - you have no idea what the plant might amount to in the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book festival and butterflies

Healthy garden greets me on return from holiday

I am a worm farmer!