in flower sept


I love to share a bunch of flowers out of my garden with friends - I took this bunch to our friends who live in the rainforest!
I know it is late in the month to do this, but here are a few photos from my garden in September. I was working in the garden yesterday afternoon and heard masses of birds overhead. Looking up I saw hundreds (yes literally hundreds) of lorikeets in the tree above me. This tree has huge arching red flowers stems, and there must be something there attracting the lorikeets. They have been hanging around all weekend - what a joy to look up and see that! They are so beautiful! I imagine they might come into the garden when our lychees are ripe, and then I might not be quite so happy about them.
in the meantime I will leave you with some photos....
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/vemvaan/InFlowerSept#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino