Seafood parcels - something a little fancy

Every now and then I like to make something a little fancy for dinner.  Seafood marinara is something we buy quite often as it is a good deal, especially when it goes on special.  Sometimes I cook it with green curry paste and coconut milk,   add in a few snow peas and carrots and served over rice.  Quick and easy and even great as leftovers for lunches.
Then I had an idea that I wanted to create some fish in a bag recipes.  I lay out some baking paper, doubled crosswise as shown and began to layer what I had on hand.  Seafood, sliced green onions, grated zest and juice of a couple of limes.  Peas, broad beans and  a few cherry tomatoes, halved.  Some fresh herbs from the garden and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
 I gathered the ends and tied them with string, then baked in the oven alongside some vegetables I had roasting.  The oven was hot, about 220*C so I left them in for about twenty minutes.
I loved how the flavours were so fresh and the lime especially brought a zing to the whole meal. 
Presentation was nice with everyone having their own little packets, but in the end we dumped them out onto our plates to eat them!  Have you cooked anything in packets?  

Comments

  1. The little seafood parcels look great I'm sure they tasted delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were nice, and I always like to find ways to use marinara mix.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried cooking anything in a packet, but sounds like a great idea to trap all the juices and flavours. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for the idea Gill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried once with banana leaves, but that didnt seal well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino