My hubby did a great job with the garden!

I arrived back after more than four weeks overseas to discover that my garden had done just fine without me, thank you very much!  The peppercorn vine is full of little bunches of peppercorns.  Last year I pickled some, but might do some research on drying them instead.  I made a lovely pepper sauce to go with our pork chops last night.
 The lady slipper orchid has made its way into the veggie patch, so I now have flowers and fruit intermingling.
This bed required lots of weeding, and then I quickly planted some seeds to make the most of whatever growing season we still have.  Tatsoi, rocket and whatever else was left in the packets. The asian greens in the one box were pulled out to make way for bok choy.  Mizuna was my clear favourite, so I will plant that again.
 For the first time ever I have been able to grow rainbow chard - isnt it pretty?
 I never grow huge leaves of kale - think it is still too hot here, even in our winter.
 I love these little teardrop yellow tomatoes. It is reaching to the sky!
 This is where the lady slipper orchid originates - soon this walkway will be dripping with colour.  The honeyeaters sure do love the nectar they produce.
It sure feels good to be out in my own garden once more.

Comments

  1. Your orchids are beautiful and I had never seen those tear drop tomatoes. So lucky your husband looked after the garden in your absence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those tomatoes are so tasty and pretty. he is a keeper!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it lovely to return to your own garden after being away? I love coming home to my garden. One of the first things I'll do is take a walk around to see what's grown, what's flowering, what needs pulling out, what's survived (if we've been away during Summer), what's ready to eat! Your peppercorn vine is amazing...I've never seen one before. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit it spot on! I always fall in love with my garden again looking at it with fresh eyes!

      Delete
  3. Welcome home. Rainbow chard and kale grow well here. We are in the middle of a winter heatwave with 10 degree above average temps this week. The poor plants aren't sure what is going on..neither do we ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are two things I struggle with - I think sometimes even our winters are too hot for them. One never knows what the season will bring, so you just plant seeds and then wait....

      Delete
  4. Looks like it is a very happy homecoming for you :)
    Your pepper vine seems to be thriving! Mine is still in the blooming stage. Cant wait!
    And yet another coincidence ... the Thunbergia mysorensis grows in my garden too but its nowhere near bloom time for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have met another gardener with the same plants! That is cool. What do you do with your peppercorns? I pickled some last time, and made some pepper sauce with some fresh, but I have a bumper crop so am going to have to come up with some ideas.

      Delete
  5. Lindas as imagens.
    Adorei conhecer o blog.
    janicce/Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for visiting Janice. I enjoyed your post on vessels, and thinking I might want to paint one of mine yellow now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino