40 hours with no food!

For quite a few years now I have participated in the World Vison 40 hour famine.

I am doing the 40 hr famine again this year.
If I raise 100.00 I will give up food for 40 hours
If I raise 200.00 I will give up TV as well for 40 hours
If I raise 300.00 I will give up Facebook as well for 40 hours.

A few facts:
 This year is the 40th anniversary of the 40 hour famine.
 In the past 7 years alone more than 2 million people have benefitted from food assistance through 40  hour famine funds.
 This year you will be supporting World Vision projects in Bangladesh, Cambodia, East Timor, Laos,  Malawi, Nepal, Swaziland and Uganda.  The funds will go towards solutions like nutrition training for  parents, child health services and better agricultural practices.

If you would to donate or find out more please visit my fundraising page here:
Gillians 40 hour famine fundraising page

I will start after dinner on Friday the 14th and will put up a blog post here to let you know how much I have raised.  Thank you for your support.

I raised 325.00 and exceeded my goal - thank you everyone!

Comments

  1. How is TV or facebook comparable with food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They give you lots of different options. We have so much in first world countries that people in third world countries do not have. It is just a way to be more aware of their needs.

      Delete
  2. Done! I don't know whether to hope you get more money or not for your sake. 40 hours is a long time not to eat. Not so long not to watch TV. Since I don't Facebook I can't be impressed with that one.

    It's a great cause and so no matter what happens, you're trying to make a difference and I'm impressed. I will be watching to see how you go. Good luck.

    Laura Rittenhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I have never done this sliding scale before, just given up the food for 40 hours. It is a long time! I will post an update.

      Delete
  3. We were encouraged to take part at school. I remember it as the first time I ever experienced true hunger as compared to "it's time for dinner". Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      thank you for your donation. It is amazing to be more aware of hunger than we generally allow oursleves to get.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino