Happy Christmas and enjoy your time with family and friends

Last weekend I was busy baking and tidying up the garden.  Hubby has erected the new gazebo that we bought.  Almost the same as the last one we had which lasted a good five years, so hopefully this one does the same.
I felt a bit guilty inside with the aircon on, while he was outside in the tropical heat.  We both achieved what we had hoped though, and this week I will be able to give out some of my home made Christmas treats.  Next weeekend I will bake some of the more delicate items to be served at Christmas. These bliss balls are what I have in mind for dessert ..... recipe
A new recipe I tried was the Gingerbread Mocha biscotti:  recipe here at kitchen simplicity.  They are lovely, and perfect with my little teabag idea that I already posted about. Rooibos chai cookies which I dont really have the recipe for as I swayed so much from the original recipe. Here is the original recipe.  I made the chai mix and added it to some rooibos tea, and that was when I decided to add the rooibos instead of the black tea.  The cookies are great, and it was a nice tea to sip while baking. Gingerbread men and trees.  I made a million of them, and had a hard time herding them into the boxes before they ran out of the door :)  Run, run, as fast as you can......

 
 Here are the gingerbread men all dressed and ready to be packed up.  I use royal icing as it sets hard.
 I also made some christmas trees this year with green icing and sprinkles.  The stars are more like blobs, I have no idea what happened to my proper nozzles...

I will be taking a blogging break for a couple of weeks and will see you again in January.

Happy Christmas
and
A Very Happy New Year!!

Comments

  1. You have been very busy indeed. Those biscuits look hard to resist. Have a really good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise,
      They are so tempting, and I have so little resistance. You have a great Chritmas as well.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous treats! Enjoy your Christmas and have a good break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bernie,
      Thank you and I hope you also have a good break and a Happy christmas.

      Delete
  3. Your cookies look wonderful! I've always especially loved gingerbread men. They remind me of the wonderful old story about the Gingerbread Boy. Have a very Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      that is one of my favourite stories, and last Christmas I had both grandchildren guarding the oven door as I opened it up to make sure none of the gingerbread men got away! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  4. It all looks fabulousGill! I don't like ginger, but love gingerbread cookies, I think I'll give your recipe a try and include some in the home made Christmas goodies (creams, lip balm,etc) that I have already made.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and enjoy your blogging break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sami,
      Your packages look as though they will be very welcomed. I didnt include the gingerbread men recipe - let me know if you want that. The biscotti might suit your packages better anyway.

      Delete
  5. Yummy yummy yummy for my tummy....everything looks scrumptious...wish I were around to taste test for you.
    Thanks for posting the recipes...I will try the bliss balls.
    I want to say thanks again for the lovely crochet angel you sent me last year. It adorns my tree this year since I chose white and gold for my colours this year....she is a beauty.
    I want to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year....see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia,
      Enjoy them, I love baking at this time of year! I am glad you are still enjoying the angel. Best wishes to you and your family too

      Delete
  6. Us Northerners have some trouble wrapping our heads around the combination of heat and Christmas, but I can see that the COOKIES are just as yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny,
      I enjoyed your icy photos - made me feel a tad bit cooler.

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful Christmas Gillian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Roz, the last in your old house. Make some good memories to take away with you.

      Delete
  8. Living in upstate NY, it sounds funny to hear you speak of having your air conditioner on. All of your cookies look just delicious. I love biscotti and the chocolate iced Christmas trees look yummy as well. All reminders that I better get going with my own holiday baking.
    Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan,
    Yes it must be quite cold where you live, isnt that the joy of blogging that we can share our everyday lives with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been so busy! Love the gingerbread men and trees. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas season. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas!! Your ginger bread cookies look amazing. Thanks for some lovely writing this year I have enjoyed visiting your garden. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino