Pumpkin vines have been showing up everywhere and this one has muscled its way in.
I tried sowing some more amaranth seed, and this does look healthier than the last batch. Funny that the last lot in the dry season was decimated by bugs - and this is really a season when there are more bugs around. Maybe being half hidden under the pumpkin vine is a good thing. There is also some silverbeet coming up, it normally just grows very long and leggy so I have high hopes, this area should be full of nitrogen with the pigeon peas nearby, and there is no reason that silverbeet should not do well. .
I wedged a piece of woven cane from some old furniture against the fence as I will be digging up some of the stones and creating a new bed for my tomatoes. I want the soil to be higher than the bottom of the fence so that bandicoots cannot burrow underneath. I am going to keep a row of stones to have a pathway in front of the tomatoes to make harvesting easier. I will be placing some wood to stop the stones falling down into the area. Further down the fence is the comfrey patch where I used the same method.