Thursday, August 26, 2010

Green and white

I love the variegated leaves I have scattered around in the garden and find that the simple combination of green and white makes plants pop out of the shadows under the tree.
 These white lilies fill a dark corner
This little fern has happily spread around the lower areas.
 Then this caladium has just never been particularly happy. I wish mine looked like Meems does at hoe and shovel!  I have cleared more space around so that it can grow.... grow......come on, grow!
 This is a little caladium like plant a friend gave me, and I have put them around the edge of the croton area. they are flopping around a bit now, but will perk up soon and create a nice edging alongside the stone path..
as the weather has been so hot this winter, I am wondering what summer will bring. green and white seems somehow cooling...
I have started my daily swim once again, and the water is pleasant.
I must have blinked and missed winter.
The humidity is still only 50%
and the temp is 30 degrees

4 comments:

  1. Love that striped plant in the first photo! And your Amazon lilies are gorgeous! It's been months since mine have bloomed. It's about time now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that var. plant at the top of your post. I can see how that would pop out of a dark spot. I've got that same little. var. fern and I love it. Good luck with your caladiums. They do very well here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the variegated plant at the top of your post is really an eye catcher. I think your plants have nothing to complain about the hot winter temperature, looks like they're loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floridagirl,
    I have been watching your blog to see what I can expect next too!
    Susan,
    I think the caladiums do best in the wet season, but I have some varieties that do great year round.
    Solitude rising,
    No it is only me that complains, not the plants, I feel after going through our hot humid summers I need a bit of a break before it starts again! We have also had a lot more rain than normal, so the plants are quite happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com