I spent all day Saturday digging out all (hopefully) the roots of the invasive Lady Di Heleconia. That area is now a bit bare, but I am sure it will all fill in soon enough. I moved a couple of cordelines there that were not doing well in the shade and along with the crotons should create quite a colourful spot. I cleared a path behind that area to go to the back of the garden as it sometimes gets a bit prickly going past the duranta. I think the franzipani will do better now that it has more light and air. Good, another job to tick off the list. Behind the tree fern these heleconia are flowering. Maybe they should be further out in the front as they are quite low and hidden.
My neighbour gave me a piece of her tassel fern......hers is in a hanging pot