Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Path to nowhere

Well here it is -
the path into the centre of the garden.
It makes it easier to get in and weed and pick flowers. Obviously I like to the do the picking flowers way more than the weeding! My grandson likes to wander in there and hide away behind the plants, and that is just what I wanted to achieve - a sense of adventure --- mmm... what does that path leads to. :) There are some interesting flowers forming just at the end of the path - called beehive ginger. And of course my lovely anthiriums.
photos coming soon.




The path is made with crusher dust and a few flat stones from the local beach - still collecting stones everytime we go - I love the different colours they show, especially when wet.





In other news - the sweet potato vine is going gangbusters - I must really cut some of the shoots and stir fry them - they are supposed to taste delicious. Unlike white potato shoots which are poisonous!
My arch is as I predicted it would be - dripping with passionfruit! I think it looks as though all two hundred of the fruit will ripen at once - anyone have any ideas what to do with so much passionfruit?

3 comments:

  1. Well, it's one of those keyhole gardens beloved of the Permies, for access and goes somewhere.Love those passionfruits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yes I suppose it is keyhole access, I now see how very useful they are...... Having one of those yummy passionfruit for lunch. I cant wait for a ripe pawpaw - they are so good together pawpaw and passionfruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scoop out the pulp and freeze it for a time when you aren't dripping with fruit! You can throw it in a blender with orange juice to make a smoothie, or thaw it and make jam some day when the weather is cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com