something for nothing




This is a selection of some of the variegated bromeliads I have under the lychee tree. The one that looks like a baby pineapple is very cute :)

I may have posted before how much I love to save the life of a plant who others have given up on. I found a couple of very sad looking bromeliads on the clearance rack a while back and bought two of them for 50 cents. What a surprise and delight I had this week when a beautiful red and yellow flower appeared in the centre - the other one is closely following along.
I do love bromeliads - the flowers stay for so long. It is like buying a lucky dip - you have no idea what the plant might amount to in the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino