Propagation by cuttings

Over the weekend I once again found a plant I just had to have. Years ago I had a hibiscus called a poodle hibiscus and I just loved it. So walking through town on Saturday I saw something similar and I took a cutting. This is more delicate, and in fact I like it just as much.















Most of the plants in my small garden have been started from cuttings or seeds. There is a wonderful feeling of achievement from taking a small piece of plant and then creating another plant out of it. Of course we dont do the creating, we just create the perfect environment for it to happen! Hibiscus is a plant that does start easily here from a cutting, but I need to be careful as I am fast running out of room, especially sunny spots, and they do flower best in full sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino