Progress of the tropical garden


This photo was taken about three months after I planted the area under the lychee tree. We had a lot of rain the first couple of months and so that seems to have given the plants a good start. I fertilize about every three weeks with a liquid seaweed foliar feed. I have made my own mix by leaving seaweed soaking in a bucket of water for a couple of weeks. I dont think it is as concentrated as the mix that you buy, so would like to experiment with that. I went to a gardening talk about natural amendments and it seems humic or fulvic acid is very good to add at the same time as a foliar feed as it makes it more available to the plants. I think the roots of the tree are going to fight for nutrients first and that is the reason I am trying foliar feeding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino