in flower in may in my garden

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Gorgeous collage ... the Heliconia certainly deserves centre stage! I do so like your pale yellow Ixora ... and your Passiflora bloom is lovely as well. Duranta always looks terrific when it's blooming and I see you have my favourites ... Torenias.

    I've been meaning to ask how your writing course is going ... I've missed a couple of your posts and I was wondering if you've mentioned how it's progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What is the plant in the top second column? Some sort of heliconia, or lily? Very pretty! I love Torenias as well, only when I first tried last year, it was mistakenly put in a sunny spot. I may try it again this year when it is for sale in the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those heliconias must surely be stealing the show in your garden right now. Well, maybe the passionflower is giving it some competition. I have so many of the same plants in my garden...dewdrops, plumbago, torenia. Even had ixora once, but I dug them up last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aloha,

    you have beautiful spring blooms coming out today, i love the macros that you assembled

    thanks for sharing it today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernie,
    Yes that duranta (I call it geisha girl) brings lots of bees and butterflies to the garden. I thought I might have lost that ixora as it was overwhelmed by the groundcover, but it has appreciated being set free!
    I have had quite a busy week, hence the collage without any writing. Alas my writing course ground to a halt, but I see that happened to a lot of other people as well! I often start too many projects, then leave them hanging. It may take me some time, but I am going to see it through to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ami,
    mine is in the sun and seems to enjoy it - really I find it a quite unfussy plant! It grows quite well from a slip too! You are right that is a heleconia. I thought I had bored everyone to death with my lady di heleconia photos. They are truly my favourites.
    Yes Floridagirl - those heleonias are taking over their "allotted" space, but I am letting them run wild a bit and will cut them back after my holiday.
    Aloha Noel, I just wish my photos were half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Is the large pic a bird of paradise flower?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi window on the Prairie,
    No the large pic is a heleconia. Bird of paradise is also called strelitzia and have some purple in the flower as well as the oranges and reds. I do have that, but it still has not flowered. soemthing to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vibrant collage. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Up-cycling fabrics

Slow stitching and creative mending

Walking the Camino