Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Keeping in touch over Christmas

I have friends and family all over the world and love to make some sort of special connection over Christmas.  The best things is to pop something special into a Christmas card.  Something light and flat that can be considered part of the card.   A couple of times I added crocheted snowflakes and angels, once a little felt needlecase.  On my searches I came across this lovely little poem

On Christmas day at
half past three.
Brew yourself a 
cup of tea.
I'll think of you,
you think of me.
Underneath the
Christmas tree.

I loved it immediately - just the sentiment I wanted to express.  My daughter informed me that with all the different time zones I will be drinking lots of cups of tea :)
 I found these awesome little envelopes at Kmart that perfectly fit a little teabag.   They look like the old fashioned aerogrammes and many of my friends have received aerogrammes from me over the years.
I am using the idea for friends locally too and attaching the package and christmas card to some home baked goodies.  I will be baking gingerbread men and christmas trees, chai cookies, gingerbread biscotti and chocolate fudge, also a selection of bliss balls. What are you baking?

We are getting rain!  The frogs are happy :)



20 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo - Don't you miss the rain when there is none. We have had some too - with more to come I hope.
    I love your poem and the teabag - what a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      It seems as though the humidity is unbearable when it doesnt rain. Yes we are getting it a bit more regularly now. There are some awesome ideas out there, and I am so glad I found this one.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea Gill. Love that poem too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sami, I have heard back from friends I have sent it to and they love the idea as well.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely sentiment, a cup of tea at half past three is perfect. Wonderful tea bag envelopes, they are quirky :D Such a gorgeous frog too, he is a sight to see in the rain (wonderful rain).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn,
      It might just turn into one of my favourite Christmas traditions. areogrammes have been such a big part of my life, so I was pleased to find them, and have stocked up LOL.

      Delete
  4. It is lovely to get a real handwritten note in the mail and your tea bag will make it that much more special. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isnt it? Merry Christmas to to you too!

      Delete
  5. Love that lovely little poem, and what a great idea about mailing teabags to go along with it.....cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Virginia, I thought it was worth sharing.

      Delete
    2. Hi again, will you be posting the recipes in your recipe section?
      I never heard of bliss balls and they sound tasty, I'd also like to check out the gingerbread biscotti.
      Can you email them to me when you a chance please?

      Delete
  6. What a clever gift. Not baking anything but will boil a Christmas pudding.

    I baked a cherry cake the other day with cherries straight from the farm. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, Cherries straight from the farm - that sounds awesome. I love boiled /steamed christmas pudding, but nobody else does. :(

      Delete
  7. Great idea. I like that a lot!

    ReplyDelete

  8. what a wonderful idea, you clever woman. I love your green frog. We have them here too, they're such a joy to see.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      thank you, It all came together so nicely I just had to share. Just a little bit of rain brings the frogs out of hiding. I wonder where they go when it is dry?

      Delete
  9. I love the idea of adding to a Christmas card. Now you have me thinking! Oh I wish I was baking .. your selection sounds divine. A very very happy frog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frog,
      Baking is always a huge part of my Christmas and I prefer to give baked gifts.

      Delete
  10. I love your tea poem!
    merry Christmas to you and your green frog xx

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com