Friday, September 13, 2013

Garden bloggers bloom day Sept 2013, and foliage follow up too!

There is lots of color in the garden at the moment - probably enough to partake in maydreamsgardens Garden bloggers bloom day for a change. Heck while I am at it, since a lot of my color comes from foliage I will link to Pam at Foliage follow up   too!
This little curvy path is quite my most favourite view in the garden.  What is it about curves?


 Looking the other way, this area has a lot of red foliage and it is all looking lovely and lush and healthy.
I stupidly trimmed the geisha girl right before the garden compeition, but it is now starting to flower again on the ends of the branches as they hang down over the pathway.  You cant miss them really, and neither can the bees and the butterflies.  The swing is opposite this area, and it is a most pleasant place to sit and watch and enjoy the garden.
The Eucharist lilies are in bloom right now - they enjoy the shady areas and the white flowers really pop out at you from the field of green.
 At the side of the carport the bouganvilla is a pretty site that welcomes me home as I drive into the carport.
No matter what kind of day it has been the sight of my colorful garden at the end of the day brings a smile to my face.

14 comments:

  1. I love that first photo, especially the plants at the lowest level. Great colours and textures. And your bouganvilla would cheer anybody up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny,
      Yes those coleus are so easy to grow and add continual colour. who needs flowers?

      Delete
  2. Ohh..
    Your garden is just so lovelly...
    And true - they really bring so much joy when the bloom with many flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home and your beautiful garden is truly a respite away from the crazy world out there.
    My eucharist lily has been acting up recently, but that may be because of all the awful heat that we had for an extended period. It still suffered on the patio in the cool shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia,
      Oh yes they dont seem to like the heat too much, although I would have thought if it was in the shade it would have been OK. Ours flower in the cooler dry season.

      Delete
  4. Most of our deciduous trees are just starting to leaf up so it feels like your garden is a world away from ours but we live in the same country! Amazing how different our conditions actually are. Gorgeous foliage, good luck in the blogging competitions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serendipity,
      It is amazing isnt it? We cant really grow too much during the summer, but you are heading into your main veggie growing season.

      Delete
  5. I love your bougainvillea - it is so glam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stiletto,
      that is a nice well-behanved one - some of them take over the whole garden!

      Delete
  6. I too enjoy sitting in the garden and just looking at my plants. When it is not raining, my wife and I make it a point to end the day sharing a bottle of wine or having coffee outdoors. Looking at your garden though makes me consider adding more red foliage. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bom,
      That is the best part of gardening is admiring your handiwork!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I love taking a peek at your garden again. It changes daily, doesn't it! Our gardens are mostly colorful leaves right now, with a few orchids in bloom. In SW Florida, we'll be planting fresh annuals and other goodies as soon as the rains slow down and the temperature cools a bit. We're still touching 90 most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesa,
      I am not anxious for our rainy season to start yet! Teh weather is till very pleasant here, and I am continually sowing lettuce and bok choy until it gets too hot!

      Delete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com