Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I see trees of green, red roses too...

My hubby is so patient - he got this lovely photo of the honey eater looking in the window!  She is still sitting in the nest,  and comes out every now and then to sit here and catch any unsuspecting bugs that fly by.  
We also have a nest out in the front, so hopefully we will have baby photos soon! 

 The orchid has flowered - a long arching branch that had to be tied back.  It is a gorgeous buttery yellow colour.  I have it in an old copper jug tied to the tree, I had read somewhere that orchids like to grow in copper.
 I hope it is not stressed by the sunlight, but it never did flower when it lived in a more shady position.  My orchid flowers never last for months the way other peoples do.... so I tend to spend a lot of time admiring them before they fade away.
 Such delicate coloring,   I am in awe that such beautiful flowers come from such an untidy looking plant, and they just get all their nutrients from the air and the rain!
I am so blessed to be able to look out in the garden and see beauty like this every day.
I am also blessed to have such a wonderfully patient and kind husband who puts up with my disappearing off into the garden for hours on end.
  Our 7 year anniversary is coming up, and he bought me 7 long stemmed red roses - aren't they lovely?


 I really am very spoiled and don't say it often enough - you are one in a million  my love,  and I love you very much.
I think this quote by Hugh Walpole sums up our life together perfectly
“The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.”

20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heart-warming quote! Happy Anniversary! I have a husband who spoils me too, and leaves me to do my own thing in the garden. Your orchids and roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I find there is always soemthing new to enjoy in the garden

      Delete
  2. Thoughtful and romantic, you can't ask for more. Happy anniversary. That quote is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your husband....he remembered your anniversary after seven years, and remembered how many years too....
    Happy Anniversary to both of you, and may you be blessed with many more.
    The little honey eater bird is a real cutie...thank hubby for the close up shot.
    Loved the orchid and the lovely quote too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia,
      Oh we had to work it out together...time flies by so fast!

      Delete
  4. Happy 7th anniversary. We just celebrated our 32nd 2 weeks ago. Lovely orchid and roses and I love the bird photo, how lucky that he comes to the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sami,
      congratulations,Iknow - he is a great source of entertianment

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you and your photographer. How great to have someone so patient with the camera - I'd say he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have similar yellow birds in my garden as well! I like the colour of their striking yellow feathers. And those roses are so lovely... very befitting for two lovely people :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      Here they are quite common - I grow a lot of flowers that they like....thank you!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful photo of the honey eater! And your orchids are wonderful! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photos. Wishing you many more wonderful years together and a very Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Glad you found each other and may you have many many more in the years to come. Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn Belle,
      So am I! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  10. Amazing beauties.. Truly a beautiful fresh flowers gallery out there in your garden...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet! Wishing you many more loving years together. There are many sunbirds in my garden, just like the one pecking at your window which is a female. As you have mentioned in my post, the male has the metallic blue throat.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com