Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

When we count our many blessings; 
it isn't hard to see that life's most valued treasures are the treasures that are free. For it isn't what we own or buy that signifies our wealth. It's the special gifts that have no price; our family, friends and health. 

Author Unknown


Happy Thanksgiving to all!





I recently had the opportunity to review a newly published book







Fearless by Maimah Karmo




A thirty three year old single mother finds herself diagnosed with Breast Cancer, every woman's worst dream.  A very personal account of her journey and she now runs a website called tigerlilyfoundation.  What an inspirational story.  Not only for women facing cancer, I found reading this book made me aware that I need to live my best life, right here and now...





Another book I recently enjoyed was 




Wild by Cheryl Strayed




In this book a single woman sets off after a divorce and the death of her mother to walk the Pacific trail.  Wow!  I was holding my breath for a  lot of the time.  What a brave woman.





Then I read this lovely book










I never realized just what wonderful companions guide dogs could be.   What a wonderful story about a woman with MS who gets a guide dog and what she manages to achieve with her new canine friend.  





I like books about personal stories and what women have achieved.  There are some awesome women around aren't there?  At the moment I am reading 











about a man building schools in the most remote areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.   They provide the labour to build the schools and they are required to have 50% female students.  





What have you been reading lately? 


Disclaimer:  I was lucky to get Fearless as a free e-book to review.  The others were all library books.  I have linked to amazon to show the book so you would recognize it, and would get a small credit if you purchased from them. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow, all of these books have caught my interest. I will have to add them to my "Must Read" list for the future.
    I'm still wading through a big box of books that I have had stored for my reading pleasure.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Africanaussie,
    Happy Thanksgiving to our American friend♪ Oh, I admire you enjoying reading books when we all know you are so engaged in your wonderful garden and vegetables. Haha, I don't have much time to read now(^^;)
    Hope it is not getting too hot in your place, my Aussie friend.

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com