Monday, April 16, 2012

A friend visits for Bloom day April 15th 2012

I was either way too late for March foliage follow up or way to early for April.
I think I am right on time for GBBD for April though.   I don't only have blooms in my garden  - I have wildlife as well! I am joining with  May dreams gardens for April 2012 Garden bloggers bloom day. head on over there to see what else is flowering all over the world.
The wind has been howling here lately and my sexy pink lady in the back corner of the garden bowed over until the stem broke off.  I went off into the back corner of  my garden, secateurs in hand, to cut it and put it into a vase and discovered a white lipped  tree frog perched on one of the flowers.
Don't you just love that smile?  He must be comfy.  I think I have a similar smile when I lie back in my hammock chair and gaze out at my lovely garden.
When he went to change positions I noticed he was quite agile,
Or maybe he wanted to have a better look inside the window.
eventually he jumped off and clung to the window for quite a  while before wandering off to find and other plant to rest on.
I have the perfect vase for these tall flowers  - it has a pump and the water trickles down through the little grey cups.  Just another one of the perfect, thoughtful presents my wonderful hubby has given me over the years.
The crucifix orchid is slowly opening up its buds now that I have moved it into a sunnier area. - a slow opening is a good sign, as then it might stay in bloom for  a long time as well.


 The winged beans also have a very pretty flower.
Then the madevilla vine enjoyed its pruning back and is full of heavy blooms.... I am going to have to continually prune to keep this plant in check.
The humidity is down and it is simply marvelous to be out in the garden these days - the best time to be in the tropics.

20 comments:

  1. Śliczne kwiaty kwitną w Twoim ogrodzie. Zdjęcia z żabką są super. Pozdrawiam.
    Beautiful flowers bloom in your garden. Photos of the frog is cool. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your froggy. He does look very much at home and happy, and he showed great taste in his choice of seating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look colour coded doesn't he? He didn't mind posing for the photos either.

      Delete
  3. Aww lil froggy looks right at home there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was quite comfortable until he decided to move on.

      Delete
  4. That first photo is so cute, and that little green cutie is so at home and leisurely resting in his lounging chair, haha. [We have long been not visiting and commenting each other's posts].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea,
      I think I must have missed some of your posts, good to see you back!

      Delete
  5. The frog looks good resting on your sexy pink. My wife and I like having heliconias in our living room, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heleconias are great cut flowers as they last so long.

      Delete
  6. I thought your little fella looked really sleepy in the first photo and so cute.
    I am absolutely useless at keeping Orchids alive, there must be a knack to it.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he had that sleepy eyes half closed look about him. I really do think they thrive on neglect. (as long as you have the right climate)

      Delete
  7. It is absolutely the best time in the tropics. I just love this time of year, right through to early Spring. Loved your little visitor. They are rather cute when they're dozing. Your Pink Lady is certainly strutting her stuff. She always looks spectacular. What a great present that vase was, and just perfect for the lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bernie,
      we are still getting too much rain, but my new little veggie seedlings don't seem to mind too much - they seem to be quite thirsty creatures.

      Delete
  8. He looked like he was so relaxed and peaceful there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't seem to mind the fact that I dragged him through the garden and then left him there in the wind taking photos.

      Delete
  9. What great timing with those photos. Its like he was posing for you. The second frog photo is my favorite. Your madevilla vine is just gorgeous, wish we could grow them in this part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes in that second photo he seems to have a rather indulgent smile doesn't he? My main problem with the Mandevilla is that I need to keep cutting it back!

      Delete
  10. When I lived in Darwin I had a green tree frog living on my verandah and I thought he was adorable - until the sun set and his croak got so loud I had to turn the volume on my TV to high. Such a little thing yet it can create the decibles.

    I believe frogs in the garden are proof positive that you have a spectacular environment. They don't like toxins and are pretty picky. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes they can get pretty loud when rain is imminent. Yes all this organic stuff must be paying off.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com