Friday, May 7, 2010

Writing workshop - goals set

I think I have my outline/goals ready to go.


I am really out of my comfort zone..... but from what I understand I need to have some specific, measurable and achievable goals posted by today. Since I live in Australia, my deadline comes first! I have been wandering in and out of whether I really want to do this, but actually just sitting down and listing my goals is quite exciting. Mainly because I LOVE writing lists, and seeing things all organised. Then I do also like to tick things off the lists.. so without further ado, here is my list for the next 12 weeks.


Linking throughout all stories will be female protagnists, and race issues.


I dont know how much of the plots I am really meant to expose, but have to put down something so that I can see that I am on the right track.

I am essentially a non fiction writer, so it seems more comfortable to me to have a foundation in writing about some things I know. Such as places, race issues, and as a female writing to a female reader.

My stories in each set will be located in three different countries, Africa, Australia and America.

The first three stories in each set will involve a different women and a racial issue.

The fourth story in each set will be a chance meeting of all three.


I have a protaginist already picked out for each story and the meeting place, but not sure that I should post that information. It is of course only a rough ouline at this stage, and the characters will make themselves clearer as I "meet" them. From one of the other participants I saw a hint to use google docs, and this looks like a good place to work. I will be travelling for some of the time, and so not sure how much time I can commit, but am aiming for at least 30 minutes a day, with each story completed by Friday of that week. If I dont have computer time, I will make up time the following day or whenever I can. Missing days is not an excuse to stop the project!

OK - goals done - I can tick that one!

3 comments:

  1. I like your idea Gillian - three different women, and then a linking story at the end. Sounds like a fascinating series! And you certainly don't have to detail your plots in your goal post :) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo to you for tackling racial issues, Gillian. Oh, I *love* the idea of having them all meet at the end. It reminds me a bit of the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge trilogy of films, and how they all meet up in the final scene of Rouge, in a crazy unexpected way. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the linking story really interesting - a really good way of developing all the characters, and what you write will probably aid you if/when you come back to edit them.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com