Saturday, September 5, 2009

Afternoon tea in the garden!

The back paving area is finally finished and we have already had a birthday party there for our grandson - two years old! That was on Thursday night and then on Saturday afternoon I had three girlfriends over for afternoon tea.




They had all been here before, but only at night inside for our houseblessing, and it was so gratifying to see their faces drop when they walked outside - wow this is really lovely!
I had set the table with the tablecloth that my mother handpainted with flowers and butterflies. I had five little vases filled with flowers from the garden, and even the napkin rings had a spot to insert a flower. It looked lovely! Very inviting!

For eats I baked a pound cake, a date loaf, then scones with jam and cream (I put the cream on after this photo was taken) then for savouries I made crackers with cheese and my homemade tomato chili jam, and of course cucumber sandwiches!
The birds were singing and chattering and the wagtail even came and had his daily bath in the birdbath. Butterflies were fluttering around, and there was even a gentle breeze to cool us down.
I do love the fact that everyone seems so comfortable and relaxed in my garden - they arrived at 2.30 and left at 6pm
What a lovely afternoon - I hope to have very many more afternoons like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with all my readers, thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
e-mail me at vemvaan@gmail.com